Monday, October 11, 2010

Beet Bundt Cake


Image taken from Allrecipes.com

This recipe isn't one of my own, but when I found it I just had to post it. I found it on Allrecipes.com and it has great reviews. I'm a little interested to see how beets fit into a cake... so it's probably going to be one of the first things I make once my beets are harvested!

This recipe is currently rated 4.5 stars out of 5.0 (76 reviews)


Ingredients

1 cup butter or margarine, softened, divided
1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
3 eggs
4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
2 cups pureed cooked beets
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
confectioners' sugar

In a mixing bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and brown sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Melt chocolate with remaining butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Blend chocolate mixture, beets and vanilla into the creamed mixture (mixture will appear separated). Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cool completely. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...